Thursday, January 27, 2011

6 Month Check-Up

Just playing around on the exam table.

She had her eyes on the nurse that was about to give her her vaccines. LOL.

"Alright, Mom. Can we go now??"

Six Months:
Weight: 13 lbs. 7 oz. (6th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (75th-90th percentile)
Head circumference: 16 1/4 inches (10th-25th percentile)

Today we had Madison's 6 month well baby check-up. As always I was nervous about putting her on the scale as she has been a bit too small in the pediatrician's eyes. Today she weighed 13 lbs. 7 oz. (in the 6th percentile.....to be exact). I couldn't get the usual picture of her on the scale because she was attempting to roll herself off the scale. Safety first. LOL. The pediatrician was very please with her weight gain as was I. I am feeling so much better about this appointment than I have her other appointments as the pediatrician reassured me that she is completely content with Madison's size. She is just going to be my LITTLE peanut! And I LOVE that! I would much rather have a petite baby girl than a overweight, gigantic baby girl!

Maddie tolerated her three vaccines like a champ. She barely even let out a whimper and even smiled at the nurse just after her shots. That's my girl!

Madison continues to amaze me every day with her adorable personality, laughter, and development! It's just amazing how fast she is changing. Today she actually sat up unassisted for the longest that she has yet. Usually she will sit upright for a few seconds before toppling forward or to one side or the other. Today she was sitting up all by herself playing for a few minutes! Of course just as I moved to get the camera she looked at me and.....timber! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment